Where are we?
Snowy Valleys School is located in Tumut NSW. Tumut is a town in the Riverina region of NSW, situated on the banks of the Tumut River. Tumut sits on the north-west foothills of the Snowy Mountains and is referred to as the gateway to the Snowy Mountains Scheme.
Snowy Valleys School is part of the Department of Education and Communities in NSW. Our service is offered to students who live in Tumut and surrounding areas.
Snowy Valleys Council click here to discover more about our beautiful town.
- Who attends Snowy Valleys School?
Snowy Valleys School is part of the Cootamundra Network of Schools. The students present with a diverse range of disabilities, requiring individualised planning. The school caters for students from Pre-School to Year 12. Education through collaboration is the cornerstone of our work. Students, parents and staff work as a team to create a dynamic learning environment.
What can we offer?
- Autism specific class.
- Classrooms equipped with interactive whiteboard technology.
- Programs specifically designed for the individual students' needs.
- Parental involvement in developing appropriate programs for their children.
- Staff experienced in working with students with additional needs.
- Technology focused classrooms.
- Integration with local primary and high schools.
- In-school work experience.
- A school bus to facilitate community access.
- A secure playground with climbing equipment for junior students and sporting equipment for senior students.
- Student kitchen for class cooking program.
- Work education programs.
- Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program.
- Transition to work program.
- School library.
- Riding for the Disabled.
- Intensive swimming program.
- Live Life Well at School program is incorporated into morning fitness and sport.
- Close affiliation with Kurrajong Therapy Plus.