01 Oct 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome back. I hope you were able to enjoy a change of pace over the holiday break, to take some time out for yourself and refresh for Term 4.
Our students are expected back for face-to-face learning on day 1 of Term 4. The best learning environment for students is in the classroom and we are looking forward to welcoming back all our staff and students.
As a reminder, here's what our families and students can expect when returning to school sites under COVID-safe Level 3 conditions:
- Staff will be required to wear masks indoors and poutdoors while on school grounds.
- Students in Year 7 and above will also be required to wear masks indoors on school grounds where and when appropriate. Masks are recommended outdoors.
- Masks or face coverings are recommended for primary students in indoor and outdoor setting on school grounds where and when appropriate.
- No school assemblies or sport (utside of existing PDHPE classes), excursions or field trips.
- Only essential visitors will be allowed on site and will be required to check in and wear masks at all times.
- Parents and carers will need to remain outside of school grounds, follow physical distancing and avoid gathering for drop-offs and pick-ups.
- There will enhanced daily cleaning of the school and wherever possible we will ensure classrooms will be well-ventilated with open windows.
The Department of Education has worked closely with NSW Health in developing the return to school roadmap and COVID-safe school plan. NSW Health will continue to monitor vaccination rates and transmission levels in our LGA and will advise us if settings need re-evaluation.
The Department in continuing to work closely with NSW Health and other relevant authorites to support our school staff to recieve 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8th of November. Tnis will help protect our staff and students and we encourage our entire school community to also get vaccinated as soon as possible.
All students are expected - and will be supported - to return to school for face-to-face learning. I encourage you to get in touch with us directly and visit the Wellbeing for students and families page for support materials.
Please have a look for the helpful tips for primary students OR helpful tips for secondary students, if needed, to support them in preparing to start the term.
Thank you for your ongoing support.